The Health Benefits of Reishi Mushroom
- Reishi mushrooms are rich in antioxidants, which are compounds that protect the body from cell damage caused by free radicals.
- They contain two important components—polysaccharides and triterpenes—which have been found to reduce inflammation and boost the immune system. In addition to these immunomodulatory effects, reishi mushrooms are also thought to have antiviral and antibacterial properties.
- Studies have shown that they may help relieve pain associated with rheumatoid arthritis, lower blood pressure, improve cholesterol levels, promote better sleep quality, and increase energy levels.
- Reishi mushrooms are also believed to have anti-aging properties due to their antioxidant content. Antioxidants help protect cells from damage caused by free radicals which can lead to premature aging.
- Reishi mushrooms are high in antioxidants such as superoxide dismutase (SOD), which is known for its ability to neutralize free radicals and protect cells from oxidative stress.
Using Reishi Mushrooms in Your Diet
The most common way to consume reishi mushrooms is in powder form. You can add the powder to smoothies or juices for an extra nutritional boost. Our “Goddess Greens” juice which contains reishi mushroom extract along with other superfood ingredients like celery juice and apple cider vinegar – giving you an easy way to get all the benefits of this superfood without having to make it yourself!
Reishi mushrooms are an incredibly powerful superfood with a wide range of health benefits. From boosting immunity to promoting heart health, these medicinal mushrooms offer numerous ways to improve your overall wellness. Now that they come in convenient forms like powders and extracts – as well as pre-made juices like Goddess Green Juice’s – incorporating them into your diet is easier than ever before! So why not give them a try? Your body will thank you!
Picture credits: https://www.freepik.com/